This essay focuses on alternative clinical assignments for NSG/482CA. In this course you are required to work with a family in addition to the alternative assignments. I anticipate you will spend 10-15 hours with your family.
You have requested and been approved to do alternative clinical assignments for NSG/482CA. You have a total of 45 clinical hours. In this course you are required to work with a family in addition to the alternative assignments. I anticipate you will spend 10-15 hours with your family. You are also allowed up to 2 hours to complete a Windshield Survey (explained in another posting).
Please see the alternative assignments listed below. Please note the number of hours anticipated for each of these assignments and let me know if you need more time than is listed to complete your assignment. Do as many as needed to complete your full 45 hours.
Let me know if you have further questions.
Alternative Clinical Action Plan NSG 482CA
1-Assess the health needs and assets of the community and family.
2-Evaluate environmental factors influencing health within the community.
3-Analyze national, state and community initiatives in prevention, preparation, and response to disaster management.
#3, #4, #5
Alternative Assignment #1 (anticipate 8-10 hours)
Review the current Public Health recommendations for your community. Conduct a community assessment of a minimum of five (5) different locations: grocery store, gas station, truck stop, fast food or sit-down restaurant, Costco, Target, Walmart, health care facility, gym and so on.
· Firstly, Are there signs visible reminding community members of safety precautions: Masks, hand washing, social distancing?
· Secondly, How do the people look? Are they wearing masks? Properly? Any evidence of hand sanitizer use or cleaning wipes for carts, baskets, common touch areas, equipment, tables?
· Further, Are people maintaining social distancing of 6 feet or more? Outside establishments and inside.
· Lastly, Is there a public restroom? Assess for cleanliness. Are there signs asking people to wash their hands? Do the signs show or describe how to wash properly? Did you observe anyone doing this?
Identify at least one community need for education. Create a teaching tool (poster, sign, brochure, Infographic) that can be used in any of the locations you observed.
· Firstly, create a spread sheet or table to identify the locations visited and your observations.
· Secondly, provide a 350-900- word summary of your findings. Is your community following current Public Health guidelines?
· Thirdly, create your teaching tool as a poster, sign, brochure, Infographic or other format as appropriate. Remember to check the readability of your tool!
Submit your assignment on or before the final day of the course to the Week Five Clinical Assignment tab.