This case discusses about An 18-year-old white female presents to your clinic today with a 2-week history of intermittent abdominal pain. She also is positive for periodic cramping and diarrhea as well as low grade fever. She also notes reduced appetite.
In Week 3 you learned about other common adolescent health conditions. Review the following case study and answer the following questions:
An 18-year-old white female presents to your clinic today with a 2-week history of intermittent abdominal pain.
She also is positive for periodic cramping and diarrhea as well as low grade fever. Moreover, she also notes reduced appetite.Finally, she notes that She admits smoking ½ PPD for the last 2 years. Denies any illegal drug or alcohol use.
A drug is a substance that affects the way the body functions. If a drug is in classification as ‘illegal’, this means that it is forbidden by law. Different illegal drugs have different effects on people and these effects are influenced by many factors. This makes them unpredictable and dangerous, especially for young people.
Below are some types of illegal drugs. Click the link to find out more about each drug, its effects and potential harms.
1. What are the top 3 differentials you would consider with the presumptive final diagnosis listed first?
2. What focused physical exam findings would be beneficial to know?
3. What diagnostic testing needs completed if any to confirm diagnosis?
4. Using evidence based treatment guidelines note a treatment plan.
· For this assignment, post an initial response to all of the questions in the Discussion Area by the due date assigned. You must respond to two of your classmates’ postings for this discussion by the end of the week.