this essay proves that healthcare is a complex system.Before beginning work on this discussion forum, please review the link “Doing Discussion Questions Right” and any specific instructions for this topic.
Before beginning work on this discussion forum, please review the link “Doing Discussion Questions Right” and any specific instructions for this topic.
Before the end of the week, begin commenting on at least two of your classmates’ responses. You can ask technical questions or respond generally to the overall experience. Be objective, clear, and concise. Always use constructive language, even in criticism, to work toward the goal of positive progress. Submit your responses in the Discussion Area.
The literature is replete with information that HIS are complex and that healthcare is a complex system. However, implementation of HIS creates simplicity out of the complex structures and processes in our clinical and business management. One of the most important and widely acquired applications in the HIS is the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
Firstly, Describe what an EHR application is.
Secondly, Discuss the purposes of implementing an EHR application.
Further, Discuss the cost of acquiring and implementing an EHR application.
Moreover, Describe the major steps in implementing an EHR application.
· Identify at least four major causes of failures in acquiring an EHR application.
· Identify and describe the major components of HIPAA standards specific to an EHR application.
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Your initial posting should be addressed at 500–1000 words as noted in the attached PDF. Submit your document to this Discussion Area by the due date assigned. Be sure to cite your sources using APA format.
Respond to your classmates throughout the week. Justify your answers with examples, research, and reasoning.
The following resources are provided for this discussion:
From your course textbook, Information Systems for Healthcare Management, review the following chapter:
· Electronic Health Record
From the Internet, review the following:
· Green, J. (2018). Three common barriers to EHR implementation and how to avoid them. Retrieved from https://www.modmed.com/blog/ehr-implementation-challenges/
· Monica, K. (2017). Top 5 most expensive EHR implementations of 2017. Retrieved from https://ehrintelligence.com/news/top-5-most-expensive-ehr-implementations-of-2017
· Shahmoradi, L., Darrudi, A., Arji, G., & Farzaneh, A. (2017). Electronic health record implementation: A SWOT analysis. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/321795170_Electronic_Health_Record_Implementation_A_SWOT_Analysis