This essay focuses on the social and cultural conditions of science. knowledge and technological systems occur; the consequences of these activities upon different
the social and cultural conditions of science
history of science and technology, philosophy of science and technology, and social science approaches to technology and science.Technology and Society (STS) is an interdisciplinary field that studies the conditions under which the production, distribution and utilization of scientific knowledge and technological systems occur; the consequences of these activities upon different groups of people. STS builds on the history and philosophy of science and technology, sociology and anthropology, policy studies, and cultural and literary studies Courses explore the effects of science and technology on society and culture; the politics of socio-technical systems; science policy in national and international contexts; the social and environmental risks vs. benefits of technological and scientific;
- Firstly, To understand knowledge-making practices within the disciplines of science, and experience. It is those practices directly through laboratory sciences, mathematics, and/or engineering.
- Secondly, To examine science and technology as historical practices and as social. It is institutions, being able to explain the theories, concepts, and methods used in such examination.
- Thirdly, To explain in depth the way the social and cultural conditions of science and technology interact with science and technology in a particular field.
- Further, To develop individual interests, through a thesis or research paper, that engage a technological controversy, policy problem, or application; or seek comparable intellectual depth in a cognate discipline such as philosophy, history or anthropology.
- To demonstrate the ability to weave the major’s different strands together in an intellectually robust way, through a senior thesis, the senior integrative seminar, or comparable capstone experience