This essay focuses on recent economic issues in Australia. Explain the Australian government’s economic objectives, plus the targets . identify a real fiscal policy decision by the Australian government that impacts your.
Write a report (1500 words) based on your findings regarding recent in.
Some examples of economic issues in Australia include:
Firstly, Housing prices in Australia
Secondly, Low wage growth
Thirdly, Affect of globalisation on Australia
Further, Introduction of a new coal mine in Queensland
Further, Decline of the retail industry
Moreover, The effect of the Australian bushfire on the economy
Moreover, Cigarette prices
· Gig Economy (Uber, or any other self-employed business)
· Youth unemployment
Introduction (100 words)
Firstly, Introduce the economic issue that will be discussed
Secondly, Outline the structure of the report
Body Paragraph 1 (Economic objectives, Fiscal Policy) (400 words)
Further, Explain the Australian government’s economic objectives, plus the targets
– identify a real fiscal policy decision by the Australian government that impacts your economic issue.
– How does the fiscal policy decision affect Australia’s economic objectives (Use data)
Body Paragraph 2 (microeconomic Reform)
– Identify a real microeconomic reform that was implemented within the last 5 years that impacts your economic issue
– How does the microeconomic reform affect Australia’s economic growth (Use data)
Body Paragraph 3 (Cost/Benefit Analysis) (100 words)
Firstly, What is cost/benefit analysis?
Lastly, What is the cost and benefits from the chosen fiscal policy OR microeconomic reform from the previous paragraphs? (Use opportunity costs, private and social costs)
Body Paragraph 4
(Balance of payments, Current A/c, Financial & Capital A/c)
– Introduce balance of payments and the components
– which components of balance of payments does your economic issue affect? (Use data)
Body Paragraph 5 (Exchange Rate) (300 words)
– What exchange rate policy does Australia have?
– How does your economic issue affect the Australian dollar?
– How does the depreciation/appreciation affect economic growth?