This essay focuses on specific client assessment issue.Select a client from your field placement or a case with which you are working or have worked. Provide a brief written summary of the client’s presenting issues that contain the following elements.
Select a client from your field placement or a case with which you are working or have worked. Provide a brief written summary of the client’s presenting issues that contain the following elements.
(See Sands & Gellis, pp. 88–89 to address these seven points.) This assignment focuses on the initial assessment and evaluation, not treatment.
1.Firstly, identifying information (with name and any other uniquely identifying information either changed or removed)
2. Secondly, presenting problem
3.Thirdly, current living and social situation
4. Further, background information
5. Further, previous mental health problems/treatment
6. Lastly, results of mental status exam (Sands & Gellis’s domains as shown on pages 81–84); other assessments you may have used (including DSM-5 online assessments); and DSM-5diagnoses. (Please be aware that you will need to be on the VPN to access the DSM-5.) Identify and discuss rationale for your choice of an assessment tool.
7. Finally, dSM-5 Diagnosis(es). Be sure to identify and discuss the process of differential diagnosis for this client, and support your rationale for the final diagnoses. Identify at least one other assessment tool (for example, DSM-5 online assessments) you did or would use to improve/confirm the accuracy of your diagnosis(es).
Describe the specific client assessment issue with which you are concerned.Finally,identify and discuss rationale for your choice of an assessment tool.
The expectation is that this assignment will be six-to-eight typed, double-spaced pages (not including cover page), and will adhere to APA format. Please make sure to disguise names and content in such a way as to preserve the confidentiality of the client.
Week 03 Assignment 01: Biopsychosocial Assessment in Mental Health Practice Grading Rubric (PDF)